We are aware that Baltika’s activities depend on the health of the environment. We take many resources necessary for beer production from nature. Therefore, we keep looking for the ways to minimize our environmental impact.
Our company set an ambitious goal: to be eco-company No. 1 among Russian brewers. The benchmark in our work is Baltika’s environmental strategy that we symbolically present in the form of a house.
Key events and actions aimed at environmental condervation:
- In 2012 the Carlsberg Group and Baltika signed a memorandum on mutual understanding with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) that provides for implementation of large-scale projects in the field of environmental protection in Russia related to water resources, agriculture and climate change to the amount of RUB 1 bln. for 5 years.
- In 2012 Baltika confirmed its compliance with GOST R ISO 14001 standard on environmental management systems.
- Due to the introduction of resource conservation projects reducing the company’s environmental footprint, Baltika achieved the following results in 2011 and 2012:
- Specific heat consumption per 1 hectoliter of beer produced reduced by 16.7%;
- Energy consumption reduced by 12.3%:
- Specific water consumption reduced by 12.8%;
- CO2 emissions reduced by 19%.
- Earth Hour
- Seven Rivers